- Don’t treat it like a race. The faster you vacuum the more you will be leaving behind.
- It’s all in the backstroke. The suction action of the vacuum is doing the most work when you are pulling the vacuum back towards you. The brush bar is spinning opposite of the direction you are pulling the vacuum and that is what is opening up the carpet pile to let the suction pull up the dirt that has fallen below
- Ensure proper airflow. The suction of a vacuum is strongest when the air is able to move freely through the vacuum. If you are using a bagged vacuum ensure the bag is no more than half full. If it is a bagless vacuum do not fill the vacuum above the fill line. Also on any vacuum check the filters to ensure smaller particles of dust are not reducing your suction power.
- Use the Attachments. The hard to reach corners and edges of your carpets can be easily reached by using your vacuums hose and attachments to suck up the dust and debris that has settled along the edges of your floors.
- Check and clean the brush bar. If you have hair and string wrapped around your brush bar you are going to reduce the effectiveness of the brush to lift and separate the carpet pile. Take a pair of scissors and cut away the mess.
Green Seal is the premier non-profit, independent, Eco-label in the United States that uses science based programs to empower companies to create a more sustainable world.
The Clean Carpet Company is proud to say that our main carpet cleaning product is Green Seal certified. We proudly use Host products to clean and maintain all carpeting. Host has achieved the GS-37 Certification from Green Seal, meeting all of its performance, environmental, and packaging requirements necessary for certification.
The Green Seal certification means that when we clean your carpets, we know that we are not using any products or chemicals that are harmful to humans or animals. When we are finished cleaning a room not only will it be dry and ready to use, but it will also be safe for your little ones, on two legs or four, to play on. We also know that at the end of the day we have helped keep our environment a little bit cleaner and safer for everyone.
Some companies use a method called “green washing” to trick consumers into believing a product is green. Using their own label, they use a product that is less harmful than their main product and say that it’s a “green” method. This is a deceptive, unethical practice that we do not subscribe to. Ask us to see the Green Seal and we will proudly show you the seal on the outside of the bucket.
Call us at 636-395-0895 and schedule an appointment today.